WHAT IS A BOOTCAMP MENTOR?
- A peer, experienced in Learning Design or Education for Sustainable Development, who provides advice and guidance as the teams progress through the Bootcamp.
- Not there to give all the answers, but to support the teams in working through and reflecting on their designs in their context.
- A good mentor is open and honest, non-judgemental, encouraging, positive, takes time to listen, asks questions, is trusting and trustworthy.
FEEDBACK FROM OUR MENTORS
“Having an excellent mentor really helped our team to develop our ideas and to put an action plan in place.”
“La verdad es que ha sido una experiencia muy enriquecedora y de crecimiento personal, ya que me ha dado la posibilidad de compartir buenas prácticas con otras universidades y colegas investigadores/docentes.” Dr. Francisco José Recio – Universidad Internacional de Valencia
“I have really enjoyed the content of the sessions and working with our mentor to put together a plan and keep on track. I have found it very motivating and has really helped me to understand the process so far of developing a module.”
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BEING A MENTOR?
The Bootcamp offers great professional development opportunities for mentors:
- Join a unique community of experts and practitioners.
- For experts in ESD: develop your knowledge of best practice online learning design.
- For experts in learning design: develop your knowledge of best practice ESD approaches.
- Get involved in scholarly activities in the areas of learning design and ESD.
HOW ARE THE BOOTCAMP MENTORS SELECTED?
Anyone interested in becoming a Bootcamp Mentor needs to do the following:
- Complete the Expression of Interest Form – (NOTE: The call for mentors is now closed).
- The Bootcamp Committee will review the expression of interests received and pre-select the mentors. The evaluation will be made based on:
– The mentor’s experience in Learning Design.
– The mentor’s experience in Education for Sustainable Development.
– Facilitation and coaching skills and
– Motivation to participate as a mentor in the Bootcamp.
- Pre-selected mentors will be invited to enrol on the online course on Learning Design and Education for Sustainable Development hosted by UNESCO IESALC.
- The mentors will be selected based on their performance at the end of the online course.
- The mentors selected start to engage with the activities planned starting in January 2022 (See list of responsibilities below).
DEADLINE – EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The deadline to receive Expressions of Interest is Monday 4th October 2021. (NOTE: The call for mentors is now closed).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MENTORS IN 2022
The Bootcamp mentors will engage with the Bootcamp over a period of eight months (from 27th October 2021 – 30th June 2022) with an average of 9 working days during that period.
The following tasks are expected during the time allocated:
|Complete the online course on Learning Design and Education for Sustainable Development hosted by UNESCO IESALC. The course will introduce the CoDesignS ESD Toolkit which will be applied throughout the Bootcamp.||
The course starts on 27th October 2021 and last three weeks
7 hours per week for 3 weeks
|Support the evaluation of proposals received (5 proposals per Mentor).||
1 hour per proposal
|Mentorship – regular meetings with the team allocated.||
From 24th March – 30th June 2022
Between 7-12 meetings in total (1 hour each)
|Facilitate the online training course at the beginning of the Bootcamp (Forum + weekly Webinar).||
From 24th March – 14th April 2022
An average of 12 hours in total
|Attend the Bootcamp 2022 – 1st online themed workshop.||
21st April 2022
|Attend the Bootcamp 2022 – 2nd online themed workshop.||
19th May 2022
|Attend the Final Presentation & Bootcamp wrap at the end of the Bootcamp.||
30th June 2022
We look forward to hearing from you. Please get in touch by completing the Expression of Interest Form! Deadline Monday 4th October 2021. (NOTE: The call for mentors is now closed).
For information about the Spanish Learning Design and ESD Bootcamp visit the UNESCO IESALC website.
@ALDESD_CIC #ESDBOOTCAMP #EDSBOOTCAMP
All Material Copyright © 2022 Association for Learning Design and Education for Sustainable Development (ALDESD)
Registered not-for-profit Community Interest Company number: 14184031 | email@example.com